Search This Blog

Sunday 24 February 2013

Week 10 "Olympic"

Hello, this is my tenth & last topic! I have written nine topics since today. I am surprised that  I have written such many topics every week!! At 9th topic I wrote about “IAAF World Championships in Athletics” one of the track and field event. It is a very important event for all runners. Today, I'll write about another big event. Of course you know, it is “Olympic”!!

I wrote in my 1st topic “Track and Field said that started in D.C.776. It is ancient first Olympic”. But as a event of the modern Olympic, track and field started at Athens Olympic in 1896 only men, and at Amsterdam Olympic in 1928 also women.  In the old days there were many events that aren't seen today such as the shot put with using both hands, five mails run, standing long jump,4000mSC(do you remember the meaning of SC? If you forget, let's read my 3rd topic!), 60m sprint run. They sounds fun for me but gradually have been changed. Since Melbourne Olympic in 1956 24 events of men have been conducted. I have introduced 21 event in this blog!! (The rests are two walking races and a marathon). The number of events of women is changing yet, 23 events was conducted at Beijing Olympic in 2012.

Because track and field have long history and many event of Olympic, so the number of medals have been awarded is very large. The country gets most medals is United States of America. America has 311 gold medals, 238 silver medals and 189 bronze medals.  The total is 738!! Compere with that, the number of Japanese medalists is 22. 7 gold medals, 8 silver medals and 8 bronze medals. Next, I'll introduce these gold medalist.

1928 Oda Mikio: Triple (man)
1932 Nanbu Tyuuhei: Triple (man)
1936 Tajima Naoto: Triple (man)
Son gijeon: marathon (man)
2000 Takahashi Naoko: marathon (woman)
2004 Murohushi Kouji: hammer (man)
Noguchi Mizuki: marathon (woman)

I am surprised that in old days Japanese men won three gold medals of Triple Jump!! It is because Japanese athletes who specialize in Jumps can't get any medals of Olympics recent day as long as I know. And also won three gold medals of marathon. Marathon called Japaneses “oiegei” that means strong in short!! About Murohushi Kouji I wrote in 5th topic, let's read it again!
It is pity that there is no gold medals of sprint run. But Japanese sprinter gradually become faster that they can compete in the world. Let's watch this video.→

This is the biggest historical event of track and field. At Beijing Olympic in 2008, Japanese 4*100mR team won the bronze medal as a first medalist of Japanese sprinter. That was great thing that win the relay because relay can't win only one runner's power!!

 
          Today I write about “Olympic” and Japanese gold medalist of Olympic. I hope that Japanese will win more gold medals of Olympic and World Championships!! 

My 10th topic “Olympic” is over. And this is the end of my blog. I am happy if who read this blog have more interest in track and field!! Thank you for your reading!! good bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment